Wednesday 25 April 2012

A note on Privacy

This Bird has a phenomenal emotional and moral maze to negotiate. The primary directive, as Captain Janeway would so rightly remind me, is to protect those who cannot protect themselves, those too young or vulnerable to protect themselves, who rely on my protection. This Bird has many other obligations: to protect those who may be harmed, emotionally, physically or otherwise. I have an obligation towards those I may unintentionally slander because I do not understand them, and to those I love and cherish, but risk betraying their trust, to those that may be subjected to consequences of the things I write over the coming weeks. This Bird also has other obligations: to every victim of domestic violence and bullying, to every victim of police incompetence, to all who suffer unnecessarily at the hands of an ignorant authority, ............ if I do not speak I WILL HAVE LET YOU DOWN! I will do my utmost to live up to these obligations, and offer my abject apologies should I fail. I ask of you, dear Reader, to forgive me my mistakes and respect the privacy of those involved should I fail to protect them.

No comments:

Post a Comment