Thursday 9 September 2010

Parting Is Such Sweet Sorrow

I apologise, but there are no wise cracks or funny stories today. Your own dear Bird is feeling a little sad today. Management discussions ended in a regretfully tendered resignation. I am going to miss the new friends made at the Pub, and the entertainment inadvertently and intentionally provided. I'm also feeling disappointed that it had to come to this. A battle could be fought to make a point, but would the point be made? At present, I am trying to see the situation as one where I have made a stand and refused to tolerate unacceptable behaviour, and hopefully may serve as an example to others. I am not sure a battle would acheive enlightenment on any side, although if the job had been one I was more passionate about maybe I would have fought a little harder? My high point was explaining to a 9 year old girl why I had left. If she grows up knowing that she can always walk away from hatred and aggressive behaviour, then the whole episode will be worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment